Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Data Scientist II to join our talented team in Atlanta, GA.
Have you worked on innovative product experiences? Are you looking to change an entire industry by solving key consumer problems and delivering connected client experiences for car dealerships everywhere? We are looking for someone with Automotive retail experience who knows what it takes to make our online digital transaction be as easy as having your groceries delivered to your door.
Our data scientists are responsible for leading the development of advanced analytical models to solve our customers’ problems, improve our products and services, and inform internal business operations and strategy. You will work closely with business stakeholders as the subject matter expert on the application of statistics and modeling across multiple leading digital automotive brands.Day to day, you will:
- Anticipate future business needs and identify appropriate opportunities for modeling, simulation, or machine learning
- Gather and analyze data to solve and address highly complex business problems, make predictions on future outcomes, and provide prescriptive solutions that support decision making
- Be involved in all phases of analytics projects including question formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Explore data and build advanced analytical models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation!Technology We Use:
Python, R, SQL, AWSPrimary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Under the direction of senior team members, interpret and develop solutions to business problems using different techniques, such as statistics, optimization tools, machine learning techniques, and other methods.
- Contribute to all phases of an analytics project, including formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision-makers.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the field and research and suggest new methodologies.
Qualifications:Required Experience (minimum):
What We Look For (preferred):
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Proven experience applying descriptive and predictive statistics and statistical inference to real-world problems
- An understanding of one or more of the following:
- Statistics: Generalized linear models, time series models, and forecasting techniques
- Machine Learning: Common supervised and unsupervised ML models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and a standard ML library, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow
- Experience with a Statistical Programming Language, e.g., R
- Fluency in general programming language, e.g., Python
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL
- Ability to present findings clearly and concisely to team members and data science leadership
- Other duties as needed or required
- BS/BA with 3 years’ experience; MS with up to 2 years’ experience or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS services SageMaker, Personalize, Lambda, and Kinesis a plus
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.