Advertising Data Analyst
Hearst Television is seeking an Advertising Data Analyst to join our team.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with sales, tech and product teams to design, implement and refine state-of-the-art digital dashboards.
- Helping to define and drive Hearst Television's data visualization and presentation strategy.
- Evaluating existing data sources and related products on a regular basis, performing QA and health checks to ensure data integrity.
- Performing ad hoc analysis to support our local sales staff, as well as creating custom visualizations as needed.
- Helping to evangelize sales reporting needs and priorities to the product and tech teams.
- Defining UI specs and user experience, managing related vendors and scope of work.
- Interpreting data to inform decisions and tell accurate stories to our advertisers.
- Experience collecting, integrating, and manipulating new data to be fed into BI tools or data lakes and a basic understanding of data storage and retrieval architecture.
- Strong experience with data analysis and visualization software, e.g. Google BigQuery, Power BI, Domo, Tableau or similar.
- SQL, R or other analysis language proficiency preferred.
- Experience with digital ad campaign/DMP reporting platforms and metrics.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical mindset with a passion for investigative analysis.
- Ability to communicate and document processes and analysis, and clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical teammates.
- Comfortable interacting with sales teams and occasionally with external clients.
- A high level of organization and prioritization; must be able to assess and assign priority to multiple goals, and clearly communicate timelines.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a digital analytics or digital ad campaign analysis role.
- Project management and goal-setting experience within a digital analytics or analysis environment.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.