Looking for a data based technical APS role?
Your new company
This is a division within a large Federal Government Department that focuses on the health and well being of the Australian nation. They work in close proximity to provide the people of Australia with modern and vital resources as we progress as a nation. Similar to the other government departments, there is a large emphasis on career development and career progression within this area and are looking for an experienced Data Analyst.
Your new role
The position is assigned to the reporting team, and the primary responsibilities include responding to a range of requests for departmental data, along with completing a number of compliance reports on a monthly and annual basis. Some duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Action adhoc requests for data and information from internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with other members of the reporting team on larger data projects.
- Complete monthly and annual compliance reports for other government agencies and medical research organisations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Tableau and Power BI dashboards, used to extract data for requests.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong understanding of APS guidelines and frameworks. You will need to be an Australian citizen with a background or qualifications relating to data or reporting. Some other key skills involve:
What you'll get in return
- Qualifications or experience with business intelligence and data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI are desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge or experience within the medical research, or with funding processes and grants management is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to utilise problem solving skills in anticipating, identifying or managing issues surrounding information requests, data extraction and report development.
- Experience in data reporting and providing data and information to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in report development in a range of formats including Excel and Business Intelligence or Data Visualisation software.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and working knowledge of Word, Outlook and other programs in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team, and the ability to develop and manage complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This is an initial 12 month contract with extension or a view to permanency, you will receive the opportunity to work in a diverse range of tasks within data analytics branch, you will also receive a competitive hourly rate and the opportunity to work in a diverse and exciting Government Department.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Brian at Brian.Hukins@hays.com.au or call on (02) 6112 7686.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508