Our Venture Team Forecasty.AI enables companies take faster and smarter business decisions with accurate and explainable forecasts based on the state-of-the-art AI. Find more information on the Venture at our homepage Forecasty.AI.
We are looking for a motivated and highly self-driven data enthusiast who can develop Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models covering the entire life cycle independently - from model development, evaluation, testing, deployment to result interpretation. Are you the right one to start together with us our Chemovator journey?
- You design and build advanced AI/ML/Statistical models that enhance our state-of-the-art digital product that makes forecasting easy, accurate & accessible for business users & data scientists
- You have ability to manage the project and directly work with the clients to understand their requirements
- You can communicate complex models in a simple manner to non-technical audience, in both verbal and written formats
- You work comfortable in a Rapid Prototyping environment with minimum guidance
- You have a Bachelor / Masters degree or PhD in the field of Data Science (AI/ML), Cognitive Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or any related technical disciplines
- You already have at least 3 years of work experience in the field of AI/ML or related areas and are experienced in the productionalization of ML framework
- You know how to perform preprocessing, feature engineering, feature selection and evaluation of time-dependent series with different frequencies such as hourly, daily, monthly, quarterly or yearly and you clearly understand the significance of lag and lead terminology related to time series data
- You are experienced in programming languages such as Python and R particularly concerning AI/ML development (at least 3 years in python or R or both)
- You are familiar with time-series methods such as ARIMAX, Seasonal ARIMAX, VAR, VECM
- You are familiar with Machine learning techniques such as Random Forest, XGBoost, Extratree, SVR, Decision trees, SVM, PCA, LDA
- You are comfortable in building forecasting models using Deep learning algorithms such as FFNN, CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU
- You have excellent English communication skills, and you present your results capably and vividly to the end-user
- Bonus: You have done academic or industry research in time series forecasting
- Bonus: You are well versed with python packages such as pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, keras, tensorflow, statsmodels etc
- A steady interaction and dialogue with experienced experts from two worlds – corporate BASF and our wide external network
- Use the mass of experiences of your colleagues and our Entrepreneurs in Residence to develop yourself and your Venture further
- Flexible working time and mobile work as well as usual perks of a company in the startup environment, e.g. free drinks and an inspiring atmosphere within an unconventional location in Mannheim
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of the growing Venture Team Forecasty.AI
Nothing is set in stone yet, so your input is highly welcome. Please contact Tobias Seeger with your relevant documents. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
Chemovator is the business incubator of BASF. We provide a protected space to build commercial ventures from unconventional ideas. Our Venture Teams take full ownership of their idea, creatively explore their business, learn fast and pivot beyond corporate boundaries.