Denver, CO - Denver, CO
Are you naturally curious when you see data? Are you interested in learning how water utilities manage their water distribution infrastructure? Have you been looking for a committed team that’s striving to make a positive difference in the world?
If this sounds like you, we’re looking for a data analyst to join our team of water utility and data enthusiasts. We’re working to help utilities improve the efficiency of their water distribution systems and, in turn, help the world become a more resilient place. The analyst joining our team will play a critical role analyzing client data and presenting results to support real-world decisions about water system operations and management.What You’ll Do
Initially, you’ll complete tasks assigned by colleagues to advance projects and learn water loss analysis, client communication, and strategy design. With time, you’ll expand your portfolio of work and partner with colleagues as necessary to accomplish projects.In Due Time, Responsibilities For This Position Will Include
What Will Make You a Good Fit
- Proficiency in water loss management —develop and apply a sound understanding of the best practices for distribution water loss management
- Data analysis —analyze water utility data using Microsoft Excel and scripts written in R (for example, production time series, billing records, and logged pressure data) to evaluate and value distribution system water loss
- Report writing —clearly present, narrate, and synthesize data analysis, quantitative and qualitative uncertainty, project findings, and programmatic recommendations
- Client communication and education —clearly communicate findings and recommendations and effectively teach water loss management concepts to clients and partners in formal and informal settings
A Little About E Source
- Two years of job experience that shows mastery of data analysis, technical writing, and project management
- Familiarity with water distribution networks, water agencies, and/or water policy
- Project management experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with coding data analysis (proficiency with R preferred)
- GIS capabilities
- Experience cleaning, processing, analyzing, and presenting (via effective data visualizations) large, inconsistent datasets
- Demonstrated ability in synthesis, technical writing, and communication of findings
- Comfort and skill in verbally presenting technical concepts in client meetings and conference presentations
- Motivation to resolve water management challenges
- Stellar organizational skills and an eye for the details
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and execute tasks for multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise
- A self-starter who can work independently under limited supervision
- A positive attitude
- Comfort with uncertainty in analysis and outcomes
- Experience leading conversations and problem-solving with clients
- Ability and willingness to travel for on-site work (must have a driver’s license)
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective of sustainability for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.Benefits
The budgeted salary for this position is $55,000 to $77,000 (includes base salary + annual bonus)
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.