At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
We are looking to fill this role in Canada or Europe (Remote or Hybrid)
Evidera’s Patient-Centered Research (PCR) group combines an outstanding portfolio of scientific fields including psychometrics, implementation science, health sciences and psychology. Our dedicated team encompasses individuals with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for quantitative research. Within PCR, our Implementation Science (IS) Pillar studies the methods used to promote the integration of research findings and evidence into healthcare policy and practice. In the context of pharmaceutical development and real-world clinical care, IS and evidence-based practices include, for example, new therapeutic regimens, clinical care and/or diagnostic support tools, or digital healthcare innovations. IS research involves employing a range of different study designs, including hybrid implementation-effectiveness trials in which IS outcomes can be primary, secondary or exploratory, and analyses can involve mixed models with random effects.
Discover Impactful Work:
The Lead Data Analyst is expected to be a subject matter expert in the field of statistical programming and analysis with expertise in methods used in epidemiology, statistics, implementation science, health economics, or health services research. Preferred experience includes data analysis using observational data sources, randomized clinical trial data and/or hybrid implementation-effectiveness trials. We primarily use SAS software (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro). Working experience in Python, STATA or R is also preferred but not required and training can be arranged if needed.
A day in the Life:
- Serves as a lead programmer or analytical project lead on large hybrid implementation science projects. May also be requested to work on a variety of other PCR service offerings as well.
- Experience with implementation science methodologies and analyses are strongly desired including knowledge of cluster-randomized trials, categorical data analysis; and mixed-effects modeling.
- Collaborates with principal investigator and project manager on decision-making to refine the analyses and interpretation of findings.
- Co-authors articles for scientific publication or abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings when the opportunity arises.
- Documents and files programs according to predetermined filing structures, such as eTMF.
- Able to demonstrate ability to generate formatted deliverable ready tables (i.e., Proc REPORT).
- May support the PCR team by representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials, contributing to other general department documents or policies, and contributing to process improvement and department initiatives.
- Actively participates in relevant client calls and presents findings when requested.
- Able to independently handle client communication as needed.
- Able to manage many projects of various size and complexity.
- May supervise junior staff or participate in recruitment activities.
Keys to Success:
- Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics (preferred) or related field with minimum 8 years’ experience or PhD with 4-6 years’ experience
- Experienced programming skills in SAS including SAS Stat/Graph/Macro and other. statistical packages such as R, Python, STATA
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Works collaboratively and efficiently within the team and across the organization to consistently deliver high-quality results to accomplish company goals.
- Proven ability to communicate and document information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails, and other written pieces as required in the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization, and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability-related technical issues will not receive a response.