Senior Data Scientist, Knowledge Management, Life Science
Great opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Knowledge Management team in Barcelona.
We are always looking for talented scientists to grow and develop our Knowledge Management team and currently we are looking for an experienced data scientist who will work with our clients – ranging from pharmaceutical companies to clinical centers and non-profit organizations – on different projects, related to data analysis, data processing, literature curation and reconstruction of molecular pathways.About You – Experience, Education, Skills, And Accomplishments
It would be great if you also had . . .
- PhD or master’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in data management/ data governance.
- Background in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, data science, engineering or information technology.
- Extensive experience with curation of multiple data sources and processing omics (transcriptomics, proteomics, genotypes, etc.) or other high-dimensional data is strongly preferred.
- The ability to clean, transform, and manipulate data from a variety of sources, as well as to create effective visualizations of data.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, R) or database querying languages (SQL) is required.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases, and database schema/structure design is preferred.
- A strong background in statistical analysis, including knowledge of statistical models, methods, and hypothesis testing is preferred.
- Familiarity with AI/ML techniques and approaches is preferred.
- Knowledge of Clarivate proprietary databases, such as Cortellis, MetaBase, Web of Science and OFF-X would be a plus.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related field is preferred.
- Experience in project management, excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct regular presentations, lead customer conversations and write scientific texts/articles.
- Aptitude for working in a customer-oriented consulting environment: an ability to earn customer trust through effective communication, efficiency, integrity and a proactive mindset and motivation to drive and implement own ideas.
- Be responsible for systematization of biological and medical information, search and in-depth analysis of translational and medical data.
- Collaborate on research projects that leverage text-mining and machine learning techniques to address biomedical problems, such as drug discovery, disease diagnosis, or treatment optimization.
- Contribute to data engineering and knowledge representation efforts for biomedical research, including ETL processes, data normalization and integration, and knowledge graph modeling.
- Work independently and as part of the team to carry out a variety of data analyses ensuring adherence to the agreed project scope, timeline and budget.
- Scope data management projects by understanding client needs and developing analytical strategy to meet them.
- Work with customers in data analysis, extraction, curation and processing of translational research datasets.
About The Team
- Contribute to improvement of existing and development of new offerings within Knowledge Management Consulting.
- Contribute to the development of data management solutions and new approaches to address complicated and interesting scientific questions.
- Participate in business and strategy development by scoping customers’ needs and transforming their requirements into solutions.
- Publish results of your research in scientific journals, prepare customer-oriented presentations, training materials and lead webinars.
Hours of Work
- You’ll be reporting to the Senior Manager based in Barcelona.
- Our Knowledge management team of Data scientists comprises a dynamic group of experts specializing in data management and governance. With a global presence, our team consists of experts located in Barcelona, Spain with some team members based throughout the rest of Spain and US.
- As specialists in data management, we excel in providing comprehensive support to clients across the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Our team culture thrives on collaboration, emphasizing mutual support and a dynamic work environment.
What We Can Offer You
- This is a permanent full-time position at 40 hours a week (35 hours during July and August).
- The working schedule is flexible, mostly centred on CET time zone with occasional need to accommodate late or early meetings with US or East Asia time zones.
- The position is hybrid going to the office in Barcelona 2-3 times per week.
- A modern culture environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large business.
- Active volunteering community, with 40 annual paid hours of volunteering time.
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards).
- Language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English).
- Global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities).
- 30 working days of vacation.
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.