- Located in Canberra
- Nationally a 6-month contract + possible extension
- Baseline clearance required
Our client a Federal Government Department that supports economic growth, by delivering policies and programs that assist job seekers to find work, encourage small and family businesses to grow, and maximise opportunity through access to quality skills and training is seeking an APS-5 Data Analyst responsible for research and analysis to identify how job seekers can better connect with job opportunities and understand what employers are looking for when recruiting to improve their employment prospects.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Extracting data from a range of sources – primarily from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Analysing, manipulating and checking data in Excel, including using advanced functions such as INDEX MATCH combinations, IF, SUMPRODUCT and pivot tables.
- Undertaking research and analysis on labour market issues in regions, using a diverse range of sources.
- Collating information and preparing reports that provide a picture of the regional context, including information on the population, labour force, industry and skills composition.
- Communicating findings in an easily understandable way, including for non-technical audiences.
- Liaising with stakeholders in local areas to obtain relevant local intelligence and information on local opportunities and infrastructure projects.
- Managing stakeholder requests for information and undertaking ad hoc projects to better understand labour market issues and trends.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good attention to detail
- Stakeholder management skills
- A good understanding of the Australian labour market and associated data sets
- Data visualisation software skills, such as Tableau or Qlik.
This position will be based in Canberra and will be offered notionally as an hourly rate contract (APS5 equivalent) until September 2021.
These positions are with a federal government department, so you will need to be an Australian Citizen, with a Baseline security clearance or be willing to obtain.FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions
is a 100% Indigenous Owned Business providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions.Our Head Office is based in Canberra
with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions
encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.