As a Business Data Analyst at BRP, you will support the transformation of the company by delivering insights and reporting visibility to the finance team supporting internal clients.
Our Business Data Analysts are responsible for working with business and finance leaders to identify reporting and analytical requirements and convert them into insightful reports and dashboards. They will also be called in developing business requirement documents as well as technical/functional specifications.
If you love wrangling business data to deliver insights, if you love digging into business processes and becoming an expert on the data domains you support and want to work with creative freedom to shape a growing next gen data platform in a fast-paced environment, you will have a blast with us.Your Key Responsibilities
Your Qualifications And Skills
- Design, build, deliver and maintain world-class models and reporting for the finance business domain using Excel and Power BI
- Remediate current on-premise reporting solutions in order to leverage best in-class cloud capabilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding on various finance processes. Support building process documentation and provide automation recommendations
- Participate in business and executive meetings to gather requirements and make recommendations around reporting / BI solutions
- Convert conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers and projects teams
- Use knowledge of the specific data products available and visualization capabilities to enhance requirements and provide insightful suggestions to finance stakeholders
- Prioritize work with the team and ensure there is a forward looking roadmap for features to be delivered on the data products the finance team is tasked with
WELCOME TO BRP
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance)
- 3+ years business and data analyst experience (preferably in finance)
- Working knowledge of BI and data warehouse concepts and terminology
- Very strong Excel skills including advanced formulas and macros
- Strong SQL literacy and understanding of database structures
- Experience building reports in Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, BOBJ or similar platforms
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects while still achieving deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to connect the dots and tell stories using data
- Detail-oriented, passionate about quality and enthusiastic about new technology
We’re a world leader in recreational vehicles and boats, creating innovative ways to move on snow, water, asphalt, dirt and even in the air. Headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec, our company is rooted in a spirit of ingenuity and intense customer focus. Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, Australia and Austria, with a workforce of almost 20,000 spirited people, all driven by the deeply held belief that at work, as with life itself, it’s not about the destination; It’s about the journey. Yours.