Data Scientist, EMEA
- Developing and delivering advanced machine learning, analytical and optimization techniques to solve business problems.
- Execute all aspects of analytics initiatives including exploratory data analysis, machine learning model development, model evaluation and benefit estimation:
- Developing queries to extract modelling data from our warehouses, creative data exploration and feature engineering.
- Building, enhancing and assembling machine learning and statistical models to predict losses and customer behavior to improve our pricing or drive sales.
- Using and developing algorithms to deliver new optimizations and tests.
- Research, recommend, and implement statistical and other mathematical methodologies appropriate for the given model or analysis.
- Create excellent working relationships with business partners across the Chubb organization, IT and analytics peer groups.
- Undergrad in quantitative discipline ( eg. analytics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics)
- 3+ years work experience in an analytical, modelling or data science role with programming experience in Python required.
- SQL and experience working with large or complex datasets.
- Extensive experience of multiple statistical methods, tools and language e.g Python, R, etc.
- Hands-on experience with building and developing GLMs and machine learning models.
- Experience with version control, automation tools and ML Ops based deployment.
- Be a fast learner to understand our business, its value drivers and the data it generates.
- Have a customer focus to both spot profit opportunities and do the right thing.
- Think creatively to master and combine machine learning and statistical approaches.
- Document your work, build pipelines to automate and teach others how to maintain it.
- Experience in insurance, or financial industries is preferred.
- Insurance industry/actuarial experience
- Experience with Spark and knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques and frameworks
- Creative thinker and problem solver – there are always new challenges
- Cares about the detail – as small errors can have big impacts
- Organised and able to multi-task & plan – Chubb is a fast-paced environment
- Hungry for knowledge – to enable personal develop and keep up with new developments
- Communicates effectively – to ensure stakeholder buy-in and ability to operate within cross functional teams.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements. This can be discussed with the Recruitment Business Partner managing this position.Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.Diversity & Inclusion
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.230000QB