Data Scientist (m/f)
(Ref : DS –FK -01)
To support our Advanced Materials division, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual as a Data Scientist who will join our Global Product Innovation organization. The position is a fixed time contract for an initial period of 1 year with the possibility to extend it on a yearly basis. The position is based in our Advanced Materials European Headquarter in Basel, Switzerland.
Huntsman is constantly updating its digital tools to record and organize scientific data. You will play a major role in the testing, implementation and further development of an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) aimed at expanding Huntsman’s capabilities in knowledge management and data analysis/visualization.
As Data Scientist, you will lead following activities related to scientific data recording, organization and exploitation in the newly deployed ELN environment:
- Providing technical contributions in a fast-paced R&D team environment to accelerate our efforts on building a data-driven product pipeline.
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations and solutions.
- Predicting and optimizing our product pipeline and improve probability of success of our products.
- Developing sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators.
- Communicating research with peers, and with appropriate calibration to stakeholders in small and large group settings. Acquiring support and partnership from cross functional teams in the company, including engineering and IT teams at our company globally.
- Ensuring full compliance with safety, health and environmental guidelines according to site and company standards (active participation to safety meetings and periodic safety improvement plans).
- Master degree or equivalent experience. Degree may be in Computer Science, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Creative and proactive attitude to address technical challenges
- Strong business aptitude, ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at different levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to communicate complex problems in clear, precise and actionable manner
- Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts (Deep Learning, etc.) as well as in operations research algorithms and mathematical optimization concepts
- Fluent in English (written & verbal), other language an asset
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your resume via our Huntsman Career Home Page.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2020 revenues of approximately $6 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at
For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company’s website at
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries or its affiliates (together, “Huntsman”) as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) will be handled according to Huntsman’s Notice about the Processing of Personal Data of Applicants, which is located on the Company’s privacy page at