Who You Are:
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with great people in an energetic and open company culture, to make your mark with a young, Agile team that is re-shaping the future of analytics at OANDA. You enjoy collaborating across many different disciplines within a company to help drive towards a common goal. You’re as passionate about engineering an efficient solution to an analytics problem as you are at measuring and driving high-level impact to the business. You’re naturally curious about what makes a company succeed; to you, data is not just the answer, but a means to asking more questions.
- Build statistical, predictive and machine learning models to help our Marketing, Strategy, Product, Sales, Customer Service and Trading teams drive growth in the business
- Develop data-oriented solutions to solve complex business problems leading to data-driven decision making
- Create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
- Support the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing and reporting of data used in the team's analytical model
- Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data-driven analytical solutions.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a related field
- Strong background in machine learning with 3+ years of hands on industry experience
- Industry experience in time series modelling
- Capability to review literature to identify state-of-the-art algorithms in project-specific areas
- Experience using SQL, databases and visualization tools in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Extensive experience developing custom algorithms for analyzing and processing data, and demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives
- Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as R
- Proficient with using scripting language such as Python
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Spark etc.) and unstructured data
- Experience with cloud technologies: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience on working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Is a cross-functional Data team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers and business reporting analysts spanning the globe
- Works on analytics project based on the company's business requirements on different domain such as NLP and time series prediction and analysis
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in SQL, Python, R, scikit-learn, Google Cloud BigQuery, Java and C++ and are always prototyping new technologies
We Value Our People:
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.