Walmart Advanced Systems & Robotics is the Boston-based engineering and technology hub of Walmart. Originally known as Alert Innovation and acquired by Walmart in 2022, this team of engineers has grown to over 500 and is leading innovation and automation across Walmart stores nationwide.
As a Data Engineer on the Service & Support Team, you will play a hands-on-role in the development of the data pipelines, setting up data warehouse, and create dashboards for visualization with a goal to make data accessible, and enable the team and the organization to effectively use data to identify bottle necks and make decisions to optimize site performance. The ideal candidate possess strong aptitude for Data, enjoys problem solving, able to multitasks and effectively manage priorities on the incoming data requests.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
- Create data models, reports & analyses to support business needs and convert raw data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards and reports.
- Translate team’s needs into data solutions using visualization tools like Power BI and Tableau.
- Recommend technical approach to data pipeline development and understand the correct schemas to future-proof data pipelines.
- Develop queries and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Review, improve and optimize existing ETL/SQL queries, dashboard views, and procedures while implementing best practices for data extraction and storage.
- Work on implementation of technology needed to facilitate the transfer of data and integrations with internal and third-party applications.
- Propose, define, review and test data warehouse modifications to fill identified data gaps and improve report design efficiency, including custom tables and views.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining Experience.
- Hands-on experience in extracting data from various data sources and building data models (Star Schema/Snowflake).
- Experience in requirement analysis, design, and prototyping.
- Experience resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- Have strong working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with cloud data platforms (experience with Azure is a plus).
- Demonstrated proficiency transferring data between cross-platform applications.
- Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code and documentation in Java and/or Python (experience with both not required).
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong organizational & planning skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related field. MS is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau.
- 1+ year of experience within machine learning, computer vision and/or artificial intelligence is a must. Equivalent Master's-level course work is acceptable.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS FOR OUR FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS:
- Comprehensive Health Care Options: Choose from a range of health plans tailored for you, and extend those benefits to your dependents.
- Unlimited PTO: Salaried employees receive unlimited paid time off for vacation, holidays, and personal days.
- Eye & Dental Care: We've got you and your family covered with top-notch vision and dental insurance.
- Secure Your Future: Take advantage of our competitive 401(k) matching, stock purchase plans, and equity opportunities.
- Peace of Mind: Comprehensive life and disability insurance options.
- Parental Leave: Embrace the joys of parenthood with up to 12 weeks of fully paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Exclusive Discounts: Shop and save with special Walmart discounts, both in-store and online.
- Dine & Energize On Us: Enjoy daily complimentary lunches, beverages, and a variety of snacks to keep you fueled throughout the day.
Join us and experience the best in employee care and benefits!
Learn more about why we were named a 2022 Best Place to Work at walmartasr/careers.
Walmart Advanced Systems & Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.