Junior Data Analyst
Group Head of Analytics
Who We Are
We're Policy Expert, a home and motor insurance provider and we're on a mission to shake up the personal insurance industry. We feel that insurers have under-served customers for too long with confusing policies, expensive renewals, and frustrating claims processes. It is time to put customers first!
Since we formed in 2011, we've been using breakthrough thinking and proprietary tech to provide insurance that's clear, fair, and great value. And people like what we do. So much so that we now have well over one million customers, driven by our double-digit growth. We also take great pride in having been the UK's No.1-rated home insurance provider for 9 years.
We have big aspirations. Our 'North Star' is 'To be the most successful insurance disruptor people want to stay with for life'. As we grow, we plan on continuing to challenge the norms of an insurance industry whose reputation for customer trust is low, where switching between providers is high and insurance cover is often seen as a costly 'grudge purchase'.
We aim to build longer and deeper relationships with our customers and to help them see insurance as being a help, not a hindrance.
We have the same passion for our people as we do for our customers.
Because a great business starts with great people, when the team align with company values, they feel more connected. Our Business Values have been designed for our people by our people.
Our Business Values:
The role and what you'll be doing:
This is a developmental role in which you will learn the skills to become an effective and trusted data analyst.
- Production of daily, weekly, and monthly reports for a range of stakeholders, with a view to learning to automate these over time
- Investigate patterns and produce figures on an ad hoc basis when requested by other areas of the business
- Design and work with product and technical teams to deliver solutions to data problems or to provide the data needed from new developments in the business
- Inform business decision-making with accurate data
- Provide feeds of data to other departments and systems to enable business processes
So then… who are you?
- Strong experience working with data in Excel
- Knowledge and experience of SQL databases, writing SQL queries, and working with large data sets
- Knowledge and experience in presenting figures and trends from data in reports to non-technical people
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex technical details to non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness and drive for continuous development of both own skills and the data capability of the business
- Interest in exploring new technologies in the data industry
- Knowledge and experience with automated reporting platforms
- Insurance industry experience would be considered an advantage
What We Stand For And What We Provide
We want everyone to feel valued and rewarded in their work. We therefore offer all employees:
- Competitive starting salary
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance Scheme
- 16-week maternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
- Trained Mental Health Champions
- Social Events
- Access to discounts across multi-retailers
We pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. We treat all applications equally and recruit purely based on an individual's skills, knowledge, and experience. The quality and growing diversity of our people backs this up.
- If your CV ticks the right boxes, we'll be in touch to arrange a pre-screen interview with our Talent Acquisition team.
- Following this stage, if successful, you'll be invited to a face-to-face interview