Zoro offers millions and millions of products — an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture — we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
As a Data Engineer at Zoro you will be involved in designing and building cloud native data pipelines on a scrum squad. You will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders on work items to deliver tested, documented, and efficient data pipelines.
Your day to day activities will include participating in:
- cadence meetings.
- technical debt working sessions.
- pairing sessions.
- master data management initiatives.
- data pipeline support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow software craftsmanship and Zoro norms to design, develop, document, deploy, and maintain data pipelines.
- Collect, analyze, and profile various batch and streaming data sources.
- Participate in master data management efforts within the squad and tribe.
- Participate in guild and chapter meetings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to groom ideas into small, independent, and testable work items.
- Collaborate with DataOps to automate code analysis, testing, building, and deploying.
- Collaborate with the squad and tribe to groom technical debt.
- Strong experience with RDBMS, No-SQL DBs, data modeling, and ETL/ELT processes.
- Strong experience with Python and SQL, with focus on data manipulation and analysis.
- Strong experience with building, deploying, and maintaining data pipelines.
- Strong experience with sourcing and profiling highly variable data.
- Strong experience in software craftsmanship, behavior-driven development (BDD), and unit testing.
- Strong people skills, must be able to form strong, meaningful, and lasting collaborative relationships.
- Moderate experience with collaborating on scrum squads with preference for experience with Large Scale Scrum (LeSS).
- Moderate experience with cloud infrastructure services with preference for experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Moderate experience with MongoDB, BigQuery, Jira, Git, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform, GCP Deployment Manager, Apache Airflow, Apache Beam, and Apache Spark.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or other technology related field. An equivalent of this educational requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such a thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply - we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.