Overview:Acuity, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Data Scientist to support a very visible government client. Are you a dynamic and creative individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment for the development of sophisticated applications? Come check out Acuity!Responsibilities:Responsibilities:
The Senior Data Scientist (SDS) conducts research and prepares management, organizational and business analyses and forecasts. The SDS is responsible for larger, more complex or technically advanced projects, and may be responsible for tasks among multiple projects. The SDS should have expertise and/or experience in implementing deep learning or artificial intelligence (AI) projects in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment; and will be experienced in working with federal government categorical data from flat files, data warehouses, and external/academic sources, and should demonstrate experience as a data scientist and/or machine learning engineer. SDS may be responsible for leading less experienced analysts. The SDS shall be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate applying appropriate methods in order to mathematically formulate and examine statistical associations between variables within a data set using R or Python
- Conceptualize, plan, design, and develop deep learning/artificial intelligence algorithms for multi-objective optimization and decision-making tools focused on solving resource allocation/prioritization problems.
- Experience implementing the following libraries in R: h2o, Keras and mlr; and/or the following libraries in Python: TensorFlow, PyTorch and mpi4py.
- Experience implementing the Data Analysis Epicycle and skilled in performing multiple correspondence analysis (MCA), principal component analysis (PCA), and association rule mining.
- Ability to develop algorithms in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment using custom multi-core desktop computers and Microsoft MPI
- Produce executive level summary reports/briefings of algorithm results using RMarkdown or Jupyter Notebook.
- Utilize MS Access to perform queries and analyses
- Utilize MS Excel to perform analyses to produce reports
- Utilize MS PowerPoint to produce reports
- Utilize MS Word to produce reports
- Utilize R (COT statistical analysis program) to perform analyses
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning or related field
- 7+ years of experience in research, organizational and business analyses, predictive analysis, and deep learning development.
- Experience running big data projects for federal government
- 24+ semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science or subject –matter courses requiring substantial competence in college level mathematics or statistics.
- Education may be a substitute for years of experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DHS clearance
Acuity, Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.