Synergy Sports, A Division of Sportradar,
is looking for a talented Principal Data Scientist to join our software team.
Synergy Sports delivers on-demand analytics and associated video to nearly 1500 basketball, baseball, and hockey teams from pro, international, and college leagues. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely capable individuals to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
Synergy Sports’ data science team will contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s revolutionary sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Sports Workflow Applications
- Sports Analytics Systems
Synergy Sports is a globally distributed company, with employees working from home offices. The Director of Data Science must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools, with all communication and interaction in English. We work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well-being of our team.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The Principal Data Scientist will work on the following types of projects and tasks:
- Lead and grow a global squad of data scientists and data engineers,
- Collaborate closely across the sport verticals (basketball, baseball, hockey), sales, and product teams to prioritize a roadmap for the data science team,
- Promote best practices in all aspects of the engineering and modeling lifecycles,
- Deliver ML models and data pipelines that solve challenging problems,
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture of engineering excellence, and
- Mentor and develop people across all levels through fostering exploration, knowledge-sharing, and leveraging the skills of others.