Data Engineering as a function sets the foundation for successful data intake, data management, and data transformation. The foundational infrastructure helps drive quality and timely processing.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Data Mapping and Programming
- Work as a team member in the creation and maintenance of ETL scripts, tools, queries, and applications used for healthcare data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation.
- Work as a team member to develop tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies and query performance.
- Program per data transformation specifications to convert source data to be loaded into target data warehouse tables using T-SQL and other Data Integration/ETL tools.
- Review & test the data to ensure accuracy & validity of the data before uploading the data to the warehouse.
Data Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Perform data analysis, data mining, and investigations and identify the root cause of issues with SQL queries.
- Work with Technical Operations to troubleshoot complex database issues related to the entire environment including OS, storage, and servers. Provide off-hours On-Call support to resolve production issues when necessary.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined in the annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting.
- 2 years’ experience within the Healthcare or Insurance space in a Data Warehouse operations organization. Strong knowledge of healthcare enrollment, medical claims, and drug claims data is preferred. Additional knowledge of non-traditional data types (health & wellness, workforce productivity, and EMR) is preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL, Oracle, SQL, Vertica, etc.) and using T-SQL or other data integration/ETL tools. Understanding new technologies like HDFS and NOSQL is a plus.
- Experience in the Analysis, design, and development of solutions and strategies for creating extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) and real-time applications.
- Experience with ticketing and documentation tools such as Jira.
- Strong knowledge of coding and ability to follow best practices while developing and deploying codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of detailed accuracy and identify root causes of issues using queries.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, most of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)