The Data Science Intermediate Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Conducts strategic data analysis, identifies insights and implications and make strategic recommendations, develops data displays that clearly communicate complex analysis
- Mines and analyzes data from various banking platforms to drive optimization and improve data quality
- Use Machine Learning, NLP, Statistical Data Analysis, Text Analysis, Predictions to enhance user experience and save manual efforts in processing information
- Utilize Python, Accuracy improvement, Docker as technology to implement required project and organization objectives
- Follow organizational compliance & guidelines with care
- Delivers analytics initiatives to address business problems with the ability to determine data required, assess time & effort required and establish a project plan
- Consults with business clients to determine system functional specifications. Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Consults with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards; recommends solutions
- Leads system change process from requirements through implementation; provides user and operational support of application to business users
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex projects through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards
- Impacts the business directly by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; identifies and communicates risks and impacts
- Drives communication between business leaders and IT; exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Clear and crisp communication with multiple stakeholders to take tasks to closure
- min 3 years experience in ML & NLP
- 2-5 years experience using tools for statistical modeling of large data sets
- Ability to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques
- Analytical, flexible, team-oriented and has good interpersonal/communication skills
- Demonstrated influencing, facilitation and partnering skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting