Company Overview:E3/Sentinel’s Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE) division is an integrated organizational entity fostering increased collaboration and synergies across the Homeland domain. HSE combines the skills and talents of over 245 (and growing) E3S employees and subcontractor staff supporting multiple components across DHS, including but not limited to: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Science and Technology Directorate (S&T), Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD), Federal Protective Services (FPS), and the DHS Headquarters Management Directorate. Our team provides rapid, innovative and specialized solutions that enable our HSE clients to success at meeting dynamic mission objectives.Position Overview:
E3/Sentinel is seeking a Data Analyst to provide Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) team with critical data analytics and visualization support related to counter proliferation issues including military products, dual-sue technology, weapons of mass destruction, and other threats. Our team will increase support for and find efficiencies in counter proliferation investigations through data analytics and automation including the development of custom data management, intelligent automation, and data science solutions.
Responsibilities:The Data Analyst will bring together theory and practice to identify and communicate data-driven insights that allow managers, stakeholders, and other executives in an organization to make more informed decisions on concepts of probability theory, statistical modeling, data visualization, predictive analytics, and risk management in the context of a business environment.
The Data Analyst will support
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Gathering data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, computing science or related field
- Three years experience designing, developing, and implementing visualization solutions including Tableau, PowerBI and Kibana.
- Three years experience performing data ETL functions
- Three years experience providing insight to senior Federal leaders
- Having or having the ability to maintain a Public Trust High security adjudication
- ICE, DHS, or law enforcement experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, and R
Company EEO Statement:E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.