Data Privacy has never been more top of mind than it is today. Governments around the world are passing new privacy legislation at a fast pace, and companies are investing in many aspects of data compliance to meet these new regulations. There is a significant opportunity here to empower every company to deliver data privacy solutions that meet these regulations and that build customer trust.
If you are looking for an opportunity to move the needle on data privacy, then the Microsoft Security Platform, Data Governance and Privacy (SPDGP) team is the right place for you. Within SPDGP, the Data Privacy Platform (DPP) team has been providing internal data privacy products for all of Microsoft since 2018, operating these products at high scale and availability. The DPP team is now leveraging this experience to create new data privacy products that will soon benefit all our customers, Microsoft included. There is a steady stream of new requirements for both our internal and external products that is creating exciting opportunities to work at high scale, impact, and visibility.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build next generation data privacy platform.
Microsoft is becoming the largest cybersecurity company in the world and what better time to be a part of this movement, than by joining the Microsoft Security.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.Responsibilities
- Work on the latest technology in compute and big data to build a massively scalable unified cloud service framework, get to work on heterogeneous transport protocols, apply innovative algorithms for solving placement and load balancing problems at scale.
- Think strategically and deliver on those challenges, and along the way, change the world.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and functionality of the data privacy platform across Microsoft.
- Address and resolve complex technical challenges to ensure the system's robustness, scalability, and efficiency.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure the storage system remains at the forefront of industry standards.
- Mentor other developers and provide technical guidance to ensure best practices and quality standards are maintained throughout the development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business analytics, data science, software development, data modeling or data engineering work
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years experience in business analytics, data science, software development, data modeling or data engineering work
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with PySpark programming writing SPARK big data processing pipelines.
- 4+ years of experience with Open Source Big Data Stack such as Hadoop, HIVE, SPARK, HBASE etc.
Preferred/ Additional Qualifications
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Have a desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Solve problems by always leading with passion and empathy for customers.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
Data Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#ENGGJOBS #MSEC #MSFTSECURITY #SPDGP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.