Do you want to use your new technical and programming skills to build fast-paced, 6-week projects for the world’s biggest companies? Do you want to build some of the most innovative and impact-ful solutions in cloud, trustworthy AI, security, and beyond? If so, join us in IBM Technology Garage!
IBM Technology Garage is a technical pre-sales agile team, helping our customers transform their business. We work directly with our customers in small teams of cloud engineers, data scientists, solution architects, designers, and other experts to co-develop real business solutions. Not only will you get experience across the top brands and industries, but you will also have access to the entire IBM research, services, and product teams to help our customers succeed.
This role is hands-on. You will grow your technical skills in the most current IBM Cloud and AI solutions, while leveraging open source for leading industries. You will join teams working directly with customers, defining solutions, and leading the way in how they get built in the age of cloud and AI.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Garage is a passionate team driving innovation and digital transformation for our customers. Garage Data Engineers are part of a small entrepreneurial team delivering projects co-created with customers using data science and programming skills. You will be the hands-on subject matter expert in cloud/data application development applying your skills to real business problems. You get to specialize in areas such as cloud, containers, DevOps, edge and IoT, Red Hat OpenShift, RPA, API management, AI solutions, big data, modern data pipelines, and more. You will work with cutting edge IBM technologies such as Watson along with open-source libraries and frameworks.IBM Summit Program + Technology Garage Training
During the dedicated development program, we provide extraordinary training in technology and industry solutions, highlighted with shadowing opportunities, and consultative sales experience through a combination of classroom, online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
Summit opportunities are available in one of 7 metro regions: Atlanta GA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, New York NY, San Francisco CA, and Washington DC.
Summit Training requires up to 10% travel.
Up to 50% travel (post-Summit training) required as part of Garage customer projectsSuccessful IBM Technology Garage Hires:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategies and products with hands on technical growth in data science and cloud native computing
- Use modern development practices and methods to plan and create cloud and AI applications
- Be conversant and knowledgeable about technology trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Demonstrate strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills combined with an agile process
- Motivation to drive successful projects, both technical and business objectives
- Strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
More on IBM Summit Program, visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit
More in IBM Garage, visit: https://www.ibm.com/garage
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar disciplines (MUST HAVE OBTAINED DEGREE BY PROGRAM START)
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in application development, data engineering, database administration
- Experience with technologies such as Git, REST, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux command line, Containers, Kubernetes, databases
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.