Skills mandatory: AWS mandatory, Phyton is required, Azure required, 5 + year experience, IoT Connectivity
Skills: Data engineering, AWS, Python, GO, Data pipelines, Big dataIoT, Software Engineering, Python, Cloud Native Dev
Discription: Data Engineering Resource to execute on 1) Asset Registration Interface 2) Data Model Implementation and Governance 3) IoT Connectivity
services (e,g, Pi-in-the Sky) independent of AutoGrid
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure, AWS & big data technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure, AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Exceptional problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively with and across global Energy Platform teams and functions (product management, data science, architecture, software development)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Azure: ADLS, Databricks, SQL DW, Analysis Services, AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting language
- Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.\
Summary: US - skills mandatory: AWS mandatory Phyton is required, 5 + year experience, IoT Connectivity