As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
AI is strategic to IBM's mission and the cornerstone of IBM's future.
As IBM moves forward with our objective of being #1 in Hybrid Cloud and AI for Business, we need a single strategy and alignment across all IBM businesses and products to succeed in this mission.
Our team is responsible for building IBM’s eminence and engagement with the technical data science and AI community. We do so by building engaging assets representing the best of IBM research, software and services. Our audience are data scientists, AI developers and machine learning engineers. Our portfolio is focused on solutions in NLP, AI Trust, and Automation.
You will help us reach our target audience with the right technical messages and content by leveraging your technical skills as well as the huge base of the best and brightest IBM engineers and researchers from around the globe – including our IBM world leading AI Research Program. You will be an internal champion for data scientists, ensuring our marketing, content, and programs resonate with them. You will be responsible for driving community growth and engagement within both internal and external communities by working with IBM developer advocates, solution architects, engineers, researchers, product management, and beyond.
You will be instrumental in defining the content to engage data scientists, understanding the world of enterprise data science and open source alike and how to bring these together.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create notebooks, APIs and benchmarks for AI Technologies
- Build Data Science use cases and demos to be consumed by different audiences
- Construct user story and visualize output in a way that is consumable by business audience
- Create content to authentically engage the data science audience via meetups, webinars, blogs, hackathons, client workshops, engaging demos and more
- Develop targeted messaging to speak to the technical data science audience
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Lead activities and innovative programs to drive IBM awareness and thought leadership
- Build technical customer presentations
- Work with engineers, product managers, technical sales teams to script impactful demos
- Partner with the developer advocate team to identify relevant solutions, architectures, and create code samples for sharing with the community
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with enterprise software, specifically AI and data technologies
- Experience in a statistical programming language like R or Python and applied machine learning techniques
- Experience engaging with data science and technical ecosystem, driving thought leadership through community and marketing channels
- Ability to drive projects and cross functional communication across a complex global organization
- Proven technical writing expertise
- Excellent presentation and data storytelling skills. Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Active advocate for underrepresented groups in data science and AI
- Experience with mentoring junior data scientists on the team
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership and ability to lead and influence teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to think creatively with data, formulate and get tractions around new ideas, and bring a new perspective to business and partners
- Experience working in agile methodology
- Experience in planning, designing, and building visualizations
- Experience with user interface (UI) development
- Experience with React, d3.js
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.