What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Datastage ETL developer
to join our Development team at Australia.About Cognizant Digital Business
Digital technologies, including analytics and AI, give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. But clients need new business models built from analyzing customers and business operations at every angle to really understand them.
With the power to apply artificial intelligence and data science to business decisions via enterprise data management solutions, we help leading companies prototype, refine, validate and scale the most desirable products and delivery models to enterprise scale within weeks.
More information? Please visit
Candidate should have strong knowledge of Infosphere Datastage Design & Solution Architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
- Hands on experience in IBM Information server - Infosphere DataStage.
- Good understanding on Metadata and data lineage
- Solid knowledge of database concepts. Oracle and Teradata preferred.
- Strong understanding of Infosphere DataStage design and run time architecture
- Understanding of mainframe EBCDIC files and Cobol copybooks multi layouts (read & write)
- Able to demonstrate experience with software engineering practices including CI/CD, Automated testing and Performance Engineering.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Good understanding and exposure on Git, Bamboo, Confluence and Jira.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, collaborative approach and excellent communication skills
What You Can Expect
- Primary Skills (Must have) - ETL Infosphere Datastage, Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle SQL Scripting
- A minimum 6 years’ experience in ETL Application development
- 3+ Years developing IBM Infosphere DataStage
- 3+ years’ experience working with Mass Parallel Processing (MPP) Databases
- 3+ years’ experience understanding complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions & designs
- 3+ Experience working in AWS Cloud Environment
- Knowledge /Experience working in Pl/SQL knowledge
- Experience with IT development/deployment tools like Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, and GIT.
- Become part of a the ‘flag ship’ success story
- Mediator: able to guide the team in adopting the architecture vision and software design principles;
- Negotiation: being able to negotiate trade-offs between non-functional requirements
- Being able to act as a mature sparring partner with the Solution Architect.
- Open, ‘can do’ team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 25 2023About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.