Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist you would be working with a WorldWide team on Financial Products. The team is building Cognitive capability on top of existing solutions to bring more accuracy and reliability on the system and reduce false positive to a greater extent. You will be participating on various solutions and come up with a common approach to be able to solve the issue by using Machine Learning capabilities.
1. Propose and design the solution and approach to solve a Machine Learning problem
2. Develop and code the solution from end to end and be able to integrate with existing offerings
3. Ensure the approach is tuned for performance
4. You will have access to Watson Machine Learning Services and APIs
5. You will be a part of WW Data Scientist team working on complex problem dealing with financial crimes
6. There will be scope of working on open sources as well.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ Years of relevant industry Experience
- Programming skills (at least two) - Python / R / Scala / Java (Python expertise must)
- Ability to consume and deploy data via APIs
- Seasoned data scientist with demonstrated, extensive experience in machine learning and data mining, who can analyse and mine structured and unstructured data, build data-driven predictive models and solutions to support use cases,
- Having hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms using relevant programming languages, mathematical/statistical/ML languages
- Knowledge on big data tools and languages; with advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
- Degree in Computer Science or Statistics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Domain Knowledge on Finance
- Worked on creating and scaling products for Cloud
- Knowledge on builds and other processes to integrate with overall Engineering of the product
- Experience in applying supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised learning techniques
- Experience in Machine learning pipelines - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- Experience in model selection and sampling
- Experience in deep learning and nueral nets
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.