Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
We are seeking a Lead Data Scientist to join the growing Risk Strategy team. This role offers an
exciting opportunity to contribute to building a best-in-class risk team, risk management system
and a culture of having a data driven mindset to support safe business growth and innovative
new crypto products, while always putting customers first by delivering an amazing customer
You will be helping build a foundation of data focused risk management by designing advanced
analytical solutions to effectively and efficiently support the fast-paced growth while combatting
evolving risk. You will have the opportunity to challenge the status quo, define and cultivate best
practices in synthesizing insights into actionable solutions. You will also have the opportunity to
lead and mentor data scientists and analysts.
What you will do :
- Design advanced analytical solutions to solve business problems; preprocess and perform exploratory data analysis on structured and unstructured data; create features and leverage predictive risk models and statistical analysis to predict outcomes and behaviors
- Identify short-term and long-term wins; quickly act by creating short-term solutions and design long-term strategy by leveraging machine learning risk models
- Conduct A/B testing when implementing new risk strategies or rolling out new product features
- Help manage risk KPIs, and risk driven customer experience
- Provide senior-level guidance and mentorship to more junior data scientists and analysts including reviewing projects, models, code for peers and junior team members
- Leverage the Agile methodology to ensure alignment of roadmap and features to business priorities and value streams
- Collaborate cross-functionally and be a thought strategic partner
- Ability to breakdown and detail the flow of data from origination to consumption
- Assist with the implementation, assessment and standardization of toolkits for our data science teams
What you will bring :
- Data driven and customer focused mindset with an advanced degree in quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and turning them into actionable solutions
- 4+ years of data analysis experience, preferably preferably in Risk Management in Payments/FinTech/Credit industry
- Proficient in big data tools such as SQL/Hive/Spark
- Familiar with Python, Machine Learning, and Data Mining models
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams
- Advanced knowledge in data modeling, machine learning algorithms, and data science techniques
- Be at ease in explaining technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and translating business objectives into analyses
- Experience with big data architecture and pipeline, such as Hadoop and Hive is a plus
Who you are :
- Data driven role model
- Creative thinker who has strong analytical, critical-thinking skills.
- Awesome communication and talent for storytelling, visualization, and creating insights from data to deliver practical recommendations for business action
- Highly organized, works well with others, and has a good attention to details
- Not afraid to learn new things, has a growth mindset, and always thinking one step ahead
- Rock star and awesome team player
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Binance.US complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.