Python Developer – Machine Learning 3153468
POSTING DATE: Jul 2, 2020PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-Canada-Quebec-MontrealEDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's DegreeJOB: DevelopmentEMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full TimeJOB LEVEL: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Transformation and Technology COO provides thought leadership, governance, enablement and control for Technology. Tech Business Development and Centers of Excellence on Cloud, Agile, Data, Artificial Intelligence, partner across Technology and the Firm to be a catalyst for technology transformation and innovation.
Technology COO focuses on multi-year financial planning, business management, change management, workforce strategy, governance, communication, engagement, and talent development.
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Center of Excellence is looking for a python and infrastructure developer. If you are the type of person who likes to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty in a fast-paced environment in the name of transforming our organization into a Machine Learning powerhouse, look no further. We are looking for a developer who will tinker with the various libs and cloud components off premise and on premise to stitch together the tooling and platforms used by Machine Learning practitioners across the Firm. You will work hand-in-hand with our ML Research team applying cutting-edge techniques to business problems in the Firm with a small team of like-minded individuals.
- Solve complex distributed systems problems for techniques or tooling that are built in Morgan Stanley
- Find tooling and platform solutions to real-world problems and bring them into the Firm as quickly as possible with adherence to our security policies.
- Create and maintain code samples to bootstrap ML practitioners so that the work done to help one team will help the next
- Work on building tooling that will help us bridge the divide between on premise and public cloud
- Modify our cloud vendors interfaces to validate, integrate, and enhance what we get from public cloud vendors, e.g., AWS Sagemaker, Databricks, Azure ML
- Find a way to compile tricky libraries with our compiler toolchains
- Develop systems to help us manage and reuse ML models across the Firm with a focus on ML Ops
- Remain up to date on AI and ML tools, libraries, and techniques across the Open Source and vendor landscape
- At least 3 years of experience
- Python and Jupyter
- Able to monkeypatch python code
- Venvs and python packaging techniques
- Understanding of core infrastructure (hardware and software) and how it can be used to make our job easier, e.g., processor architectures, memory, load balancers, reverse proxies, automation frameworks, containers
- Understanding of how to use modern and traditional data tiers, e.g., relational databases, hadoop, object stores, graph databases
- Linux and compilation on Linux
- Some evidenced interest in ML, e.g., small OSS projects, Kaggle, coursera, books, blogs, podcasts
- Self-starter capable of taking an idea and seeing it all the way from research to execution
Nice to have:
- Dask, Spark, Clustering tech (Zookeeper, consul, etc.
- OSS development or Enterprise python development experience
- Mathematics, e.g., statistics, linear algebra
- A passionate self-starter will have opportunities to also work on applied research for the Firm in their spare time
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.