We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we'll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together with you, we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it.
‘BigLoop & Advanced Systems’ is a division of CARIAD SE that holds the E2E responsibility for unifying all activities across domains to accelerate VW Group’s shift towards data driven development (D3). The overarching goal is to build one holistic data system, which encompasses existing systems across domains as well as brands within the VW Group. We adopt a development practice of DevOps and SRE while constructing CARIAD SE's next-gen big-data system. Our multi-national team of engineers is leveraging computer vision, big data, simulations, and high-performance computing to design our own software system for CARIAD’s customer features, such as autonomous driving. We invite you to join us as we tackle complex real-life scenarios and develop tomorrow’s software and hardware mobility solutions.
The qualified candidate will perform his/her magic and inject his/her entrepreneurial spirit into a new team by actively contributing to the exploration of unchartered territory and integrating the team into a large-scale organization. Therefore, this position is best suited for high achievers who love to champion new ideas and challenge the status-quo.
What You Will Do
- Research and develop cutting edge machine learning algorithms for perception problems, such as semantic segmentation and object detection to be used in the online-perception system
- Work on the deployment of these models to a fleet of vehicles
- Guide the development of CV algorithms from prototype to production - including training on large scale datasets and deploying on a real time robotic platform
- Work with a growing team of machine learning experts and software developers to develop novel solutions to challenging problems
Who You Are
- Master's degree in computer science, robotics, or a similar quantitative area with exposure to computer vision techniques
- 5+ years of professional experience coding in Python and C++
- 5+ years of experience as a tech lead, significantly contributing in overarching system design and SW architecture matters
- 3+ years of experience working with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Good knowledge of classical CV algorithms and deep learning for object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation and active learning
- Experience with perception sensors including LIDAR, radar, and cameras
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with GPU programming is a plus
- Expertise in probabilistic modeling, Bayesian methods, model compression, imitation learning, planning under uncertainty and/or low-level inference is a plus
NICE TO KNOW
- 40-hour weeks
- Remote / mobile work
- Company pension plan
- Annual professional development