If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.CFD (Calgary Fire Department) Business & Data Analysts support CFD Fleet & Equipment business needs and the improvement of operational efficiencies through the identification of application and data requirements, management of data and creation and maintenance of data supported reports that support section decision making. Primary Duties include:
- Gather data requirements from both internal (CFD) and external stakeholders (Fleet Services and Supply Management), recommend efficient data-related, business and financial reporting solutions and generate customized and complex ad-hoc reports to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain data-related and reporting processes (e.g. data usage, data analysis and data quality), resolve issues identified in exception reports and work with CFD Fleet & Equipment section staff to minimize exceptions.
- As the section’s SME, recommend, and participate in implementing improvements and IT applications that better meet CFD Fleet & Equipment data-related needs and provide input on the sustainment and maintenance of application functionality.
- Perform other duties including process mapping, dashboard design and implementation and the creation and maintenance of CFD Fleet & Equipment specific training and resource documentation for M5 and CAM.
- A completed 2 year diploma in Business Information Technology Management, Data Science and Analytics or a related diploma and 3 years of experience, OR
- A degree in Data Science and Analytics related field and one year of related experience.
- Experience with leading small projects, advanced knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Excel and knowledge of data analytics tools and techniques including use of Anaconda are considered assets.
- Success in this position requires strong communication skills to translate business requirements into technical requirements of both internal (i.e. CFD) and external (i.e. other business units such as IT and FS) stakeholders to develop solutions and build systems for the business.
- The ability to communicate IT and data-related information effectively to Section staff is also required.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit : Calgary Fire DepartmentPosition Type : Up to 2 PermanentLocation : 1755 - 18 Ave N.E.Compensation : Pay Grade 8 $33.79 - 45.19 per hourDays of Work : This position works a 5 daywork week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work weekAudience : Internal and ExternalApply By : July 7, 2020Job ID # : 303196We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which creates an innovative and collaborative environment.We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.Apply for Job