Mid level Data Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Edinburgh/The Midlands/London - Primarily Remote
My client are one of the biggest names in technology and modern cloud consulting, they boast a world class data and analytics centre and are looking to add to their team. They provide a wide range of cutting edge data and analytics solutions to the Public Sector to revolutionise the UK Government's data platform and maximise insight, accesibility, revenues, reduce fraud etc - they key lifeblood of the Public Sector.
You will work in an Agile team collaborating closely with Architects, Product Managers and Solution Architects.Experience Required
- ETL skills ideally using Talend, Pentaho, IICS, Powercenter other tools considered.
- Ideally a database background in Oracle, but other RDS experience considered.
- Job Scheduling
- Programming skills in any of PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Java, Python, Hive, HiveQL, HDFS, Impala
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- You will be working in an agile delivery team within an agile scrum framework.
- Work across various software engineering principles including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Contribute to various teams providing ideas and innovation/process recommendations, help mentor other team members, strong information sharing culture.
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Annual training budget, book in training time during working hours.
- Learn new technologies, certs/training directly with vendors (e.g AWS, SAS..)
- Internal technology university to obtain qualifications
- Excellent pension
- Flexibility around working from home
If this is of interest please apply below or email Steven Mckay at Jefferson Frank directly with your CV: email@example.com.