The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Social Experiences team is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where virtual reality enables us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before.We are looking for a Data Scientist to work on Facebook Horizon, an ever-expanding VR world where users can explore, play, and create in extraordinary ways. We are at the very early stages, and we don’t understand all of the ingredients or levers yet. We are looking for a Data Scientist who is curious, rigorous, knows how to bring focus and clarity to complicated problems in a 0 to 1 space with a passion for virtual reality, virtual worlds, and collaborative online social experiences.
- Own the data-driven insights for a large portion of our platform business
- Effectively communicate results and insights to the product team and company leadership
- Initiate and lead cross-functional data science and modeling projects with multiple contributors
- Aggregate and analyze complex data sets across multiple teams to identify and interpret large scale trends and patterns to help drive strategy across several teams
- Apply statistical techniques to understand groups of users, their engagement with the platform, and the performance of the platform itself
- Use technologies and methods such as Hive, Python, R, SQL to create deep scalable and repeatable insights that will empower the team while informing roadmap and team priorities
- Mentor data scientists on the team
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling Experience in SQL
- Experience in SQL
- Development experience in any scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Proven experience influencing cross-functional partners and work across teams to drive product strategy
- Critical thinking skills
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling Experience in SQL
- Experience with gaming or virtual reality
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.