Domestika is hiring a Senior Data EngineerAbout:
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Domestika you will:
- Assist in the architectural design and implementation of our growing data platform.
- Implement and monitor best in class security measures in our data warehouse and analytics environment.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain robust data pipelines to support our reporting needs.
- Work with Product, Data and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Mentor less experienced team members on their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineer/DataOps role.
- Experience working on AWS with technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, Athena, DataLake Formation, Glue, EMR, etc.
- Working experience with Spark with Python or Scala as well as workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and query optimisation.
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and data stores.
- A professional level of written and spoken English is a must.
What they offer:
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us