Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Grainger is seeking a Data Engineer III for our Data and Analytics team. The Data and Analytics team's primary mission is to enable analytics and reporting by centralizing and integrating high quality, trusted corporate data in a highly performant and scalable cloud analytical platform. The Data Engineer III will be responsible for designing and developing high-performance, resilient, data pipelines and product. This role works closely with SMEs, architects, analysts, data scientists and others to build solutions that integrate data from many of our enterprise data sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Building required tools for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Building product features to enable self-service analytics
- Partnering with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Hands-on experience with Modern Data Engineering projects and practices
- Experience leading data integration efforts of internal and external data sources
- Experience partnering with internal departments (Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, HR) to define business requirements.
- Ability to lead junior team members as needed through design and development
- Ability to take high solution through development and implementation
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and produce required source-to-target data mappings.
- Ability to bring complex concepts into the organization and mentor others.
- Attention to detail, excellent problem-solving ability, and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, decision-making and presentation skills
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI and Domo
- Technology Experience Required: AWS, SQL, Python, Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD, Git, Snowflake (bonus), dbt (bonus), Airflow (bonus)
- Preferred: 3+ years of hands-on AWS and python experience in a data engineering role
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.