TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The Search Ads team constantly pushes the boundaries of general search engine monetization across our apps, including TikTok, TopBuzz, BuzzVideo, and more, building a globally leading Search Ads monetization system. At the Search Ads team, you will have the chance to work on large-scale distributed storage and architecture, NLP, Rank, and IR related problems. You will be also deeply involved in the innovation, to build our search Ads engine and optimization of the ROI of ads delivery.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2023. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Turn your ambitions into reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
This Internship Program runs for 12 weeks beginning in May/June 2023. Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following summer internship cycles below:
1. May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023
2. May 29, 2023 to August 18, 2023
3. June 12, 2023 to September 1, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability clearly in your resume (Start date, End date).
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates' jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
Candidates who pass resume evaluation will be invited to participate in TikTok's technical online assessment in HackerRank.
• Build new features that touch hundreds of millions of people around the world
• Solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems
• Participate in technical discussions related to team's product and engineering work
• Develop and build up highly-scalable classifiers, tools, models and algorithms leveraging cutting-edge machine learning, computer vision and data mining technologies
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience
• Final year or recent graduate with a background in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Hands on experience in one or more of the areas: machine learning, deep learning, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, data mining, computer vision, NLP or content understanding
• Good programming skills in Python and similar languages, and a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Good communication and teamwork skills, be passionate about learning new techniques and taking on challenging problems
• Experience in trust and safety is a plus
• Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
• Curiosity towards new technologies and entrepreneurship
• High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com