Here at UNCOMN, our mission is to empower systems thinkers to create elegant solutions to complex problems – to improve the systems that improve our communities. Our team members apply their natural curiosity and grit to discover elegant solutions for our clients’ most complex organizational, logistics, process, data, and technical challenges, with the overall goal of building great businesses that contribute to great communities.
We’re an award-winning firm, one of the country’s fastest-growing and—more importantly—a consistent ‘Top Workplace’ as evaluated by our own employees. We are a values-driven organization (see the Core Values section of our website) and we’re looking for new Uncommon Geniuses to join our growing team, so if you’re a person who likes to solve problems, fix things, build things, tweak things, or otherwise show creative flair, you might just be an UNCOMN Genius and we encourage you to check out the specifics of this position below!
UNCOMN is seeking a Data Analyst to:
- Become a crucial force behind ensuring the efficiency and resilience of the U.S. military's fuel supply chain, directly impacting the success of critical missions worldwide.
- Analyze and interpret complex datasets, playing a pivotal role in optimizing fuel logistics, enhancing operational efficiency, and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the Department of Defense.
- Perform data analysis, generate insights, and create interactive data visualizations.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver data-driven insights to drive informed decisions.
- Collaborate with data engineers to access, clean, and transform data for analysis, ensuring data quality and accuracy.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and business stakeholders, to understand their data needs and provide timely support.
- Develop and optimize data processing workflows using Advana and/or Palantir tools.
- Apply statistical methods and machine learning techniques to gain deeper insights from data and develop predictive models.
- Create customized reports, dashboards, and KPIs to monitor key performance indicators.
- Comfortably and confidently compiling & presenting analytical findings to stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Automate and schedule regular data reporting for stakeholders.
- Implement data security measures to protect sensitive information and ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
- Assist in auditing and documenting data lineage, measurements, and access controls.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Advana and/or Palantir tool suites and contribute to the development of best practices.
- Identify limitations of current software tools and propose either bridge solutions or alternatives.
- Epitomize UNCOMN Core Values.
This is not just a job; it's an opportunity to be part of something larger, where your analytical skills translate into real-world impact, supporting the nation's defense efforts and ensuring the global reach and capability of the U.S. military. If you're ready to apply your data expertise to make a lasting difference, seize this opportunity and be a vital contributor to a mission that truly matters.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Must be eligible to obtain a top-secret clearance, granted by the US Government.
- Prior experience using scripting languages like Python for data analysis tasks such as data cleaning and visualization.
- Prior experience with SQL to accomplish data retrieval, manipulation, joining data, and reporting tasks.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik Sense for data analysis and visualization.
- Active top-secret clearance granted by the US Government.
- Experience with Advana or Palantir tools.
- Bachelor of Science in STEM-related (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, etc.) major.
- Accredited Data Engineering-related certification(s).
- Prior experience with Geospatial tools, Python, PySpark, Databricks, and/or Qlik.
- Experience leveraging statistical concepts in basic data analysis tasks (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression).
- Experience utilizing geospatial tools and time series analysis for data analysis tasks (e.g., mapping, spatial analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection).
- Flexible PTO effective on day 1*
- 7 Paid Holidays & up to 3 Floating Holidays*
- Eligible for Health Benefits on day 1*
- 401K Safe Harbor Match Program*
- Training and Education Assistance*
- *Must be a full-time employee
Don’t meet every single requirement? We’re dedicated to building an uncommon, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.