Immediate start available post pre-employment checks
Location: Gateshead, UK / Remote
At this current time we are accepting applicants who are based in the United Kingdom. Although this position is open to applicants who are able to work remotely there may be a requirement, on occasion, for the candidate to come into our Gateshead office. This position is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
The Data Intelligence Team at SaleCycle….
You'll join the Data Intelligence Team, part of the broader Technology function at SaleCycle, and be a key contributor to the design, delivery, continual assessment and improvement of customer-focused data products. Our team is growing and the daily work will be varied, but as we value collaboration, expect lots of interactions with our colleagues in Operations, Engineering and Product, along with colleagues from the wider business.
You will be contributing to, and helping to shape our approach to using data, i.e., discovering actionable insights for SaleCycle for our growing base of blue-chip clients by using our modern data stack. Our stack currently includes technologies such as Looker, Snowflake, DBT, Cyclr, SageMaker, Streamlit and many other tools.
As a keen problem solver with a strong sense of curiosity, you'll love to dig through the data to find trends and patterns and enjoy discussing your findings' impact with stakeholders. You'll also get great satisfaction from empowering stakeholders to make decisions from the data experiences you provide to them through Looker and the products you help build.
As a Data Analyst you will…
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for analysis from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the wider team to enhance our data stack (Looker, Snowflake, DBT) applying the insights you have discovered to enrich our client offering.
- Work in cross-functional teams to collaborate on delivering products through implementing analytics tools and dashboards that help drive our strategic product strategy and satisfy the needs of our clients.
- Highlight key signals and trends deep within the underlying data to stakeholders through descriptive modeling.
- Gather and understand requirements from internal stakeholders and translate them into actionable insights, models, and reports.
- Interrogate the performance of our products by meticulously investigating the data to identify growth opportunities and identify issues before they become problem
- Deliver analytics based upon our client data to create materials such as marketing best practice guides.
- Empower stakeholders, provide them with data/analyses which they can trust, and train them in best practices.
- Maintain the legislative compliance and integrity of our datasets, e.g. actioning requests raised under GDPR.
- Support, mentor, and provide feedback to your teammates by sharing best practices and staying abreast of the latest technologies and techniques.
Requirements for the role…
- Must have either a minimum four Years of professional experience in a Data Analytics role OR a minimum two Years Professional experience of using Modern Data Stacks (Looker, Snowflake, DBT)
- Ability to create dashboards, reports, analyses, and visualisations which tell a meaningful story.
- Track record of identifying and highlighting key insights, signals and trends deep within the underlying data to unlock commercial value.
- Able to manipulate structured / semi-structured datasets and query multiple data sources to form richer analyses.
- Able to gather and understand requirements from stakeholders and translate them into deliverables.
- Able to convey technical analysis to non-technical colleagues.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications…
- Experience of using the Looker analytics platform.
- Familiarity with modern Data Warehouses, specifically Snowflake.
- Exposure to third party Data Ingestion / Integration tools, e.g. Cyclr.
- Good at data cleaning, detecting and resolving outliers etc.
- Good statistical knowledge, e.g. hypothesis testing.
- Awareness of data governance and implications for the handling of personal data.
- Awareness of the challenges of processing massive datasets efficiently.
- A well rounded data professional with some experience across a range of data disciplines, such as Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science etc.
Personal Skills and Attributes…
- Rigorous with data analysis, always persevering to ask questions to uncover greater depth of insights.
- Enthusiastic about uncovering opportunities of using data to drive revenue and improve decision making.
- Enjoy using data for storytelling and be enthusiastic about uncovering opportunities of using it to enhance SaleCycle.
- Comfortable context switching and working on multiple problems in parallel.
- Self-motivated, attentive to detail, keen eye for quality.
- Commercial mindset.
- Lifelong learner.
Interested? Apply now! We would love to hear from you!
As part of our recruitment process, successful candidates are subject to a DBS check. This cost is covered by SaleCycle.
Within this role there are Information Security requirements which the successful candidate is required to adhere to. Please check with the Hiring Manager for further information.
**We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status or age.**