E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems. Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business, employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values to be a better business and better people, while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's largest and fastest-growing companies.
The Data Analyst will play an important in the growth of E2 Optics and supporting our Program Office. The right person will love data insights and perform various functions, including providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions, including the capabilities to measure, monitor and solve business problems.?You will help functional leaders identify areas for improvements, while measuring performance against continuous improvement tactics and strategies.
REMOTE POSITION WITH SOME TRAVEL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2 Optics number one Core Value. Follow, and expect employees to follow safe work practices and company and client worksite policies.
- Promote company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Developing performance analysis and reporting capabilities across various aspects of our business, from Financials, Process Controls, Quality, Safety and other Project and Program Management metrics.
- Provide innovative analytical insights, using data visualization to communicate innovation, trends, issues, and problem resolutions.
- Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes and improve on/create new feature.
- Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical teams.
- Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be used in data analysis activities.
- Provide data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers?and reporting.
- Responsible for establishing appreciation and adherence to the principles of data quality management.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and?implement?databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire?data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and identify areas for business improvements.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to?prioritize?business and information needs.
- Support data and systems integrations to create single data sources of record.
The individual in this role should be able and willing to travel as required by E2.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Business degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or Data Science; Mathematics or in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience in high tech integration and construction preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modelling.
- Experience working within process management and improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of data governance, data quality management
- Industry certifications with proven track record of relevant technical experience preferred.
- Advance skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong verbal, written and “story-telling thru data” communication skills required, along with the ability to work effectively with people at any level of the organization.
- Able to interface with clients and experience conducting QBRs desired.
- Ability to work well in fast paced environments to achieve results.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing, multi-disciplinary team, under tight deadlines.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Thorough understanding of Agile management methods and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedure
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Effective performance management skills
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
E2 Optics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. E2 Optics, LLC actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.