With over 180 billion in assets under management, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.Why join Fiera Capital:
What we are looking for
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
The Data Analyst, Global Distribution Support will be a key part of the distribution team and will focus their efforts on robust ways to automate the internal collection and external communication of various quantitative elements required as part of our client service and business development efforts. The role will be part of the broader Global Distribution Support Group and will require interacting with various divisions within Fiera including risk, operations and investment teams. The incumbent will be well versed in systems used in asset management firms and will bring to the role an ability to think creatively to come up with solutions to new problems. The incumbent will be asked to analyze and project manage new initiatives such as implementing new internal procedures, systems and recommending the use of new technologies.
Within the framework of his or her duties, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Automate data collection, aggregation and validation across the distribution platform;
- Participate in the regular updates of quantitative data on external databases;
- Lead special projects with a focus on data integrity and methods of streamlining processes;
- Work closely with the RFP and Distribution teams as well as investment teams across Fiera to respond to client and prospect requests for quantitative information;
- Develop tools (dashboards) for various stakeholders in the distribution business.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- University diploma in business administration, mathematics, computer science or a related field (finance, accounting, economics, etc.);
- Master’s degree in business analytics, data science or a related field, an asset.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, particularly in the investment sector, a portfolio management company, a consulting firm, a pension plan or an equivalent employer;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI;
- Programming proficiency in SQL and at least one of: Python, VBA, R;
- Incredible attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Project management skills;
- Strong interest in financial markets and portfolio management;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg;
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, precise and a team player;
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written) is an asset.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive nominations from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.