EngineeringDo you have a data driven, engineering mind and a consulting type personality?
Omnitech is an established, locally owned software engineering firm that specializes in helping businesses create and fulfill opportunities through custom technology solutions. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner that values a community of mentors to cultivate skills and interests that are in line with our client’s needs. We understand that the journey to the solution can be just as important as the destination – for both clients and our engineers.
As a Data Engineer at Omnitech, you would qualify for multiple labels including business intelligence consultant, data warehouse consultant, data acquisition (ETL) consultant, database administrator consultant, master data management consultant, data analyst, data architect, data scientist to name a few. We don’t believe in narrowly defined labels and hierarchy. We believe in helping people solve problems.DESIRED SKILLS
: (The applicable candidate must possess a number of the following.)
- Strong T-SQL skills
- SQL Server design and development experience
- Understanding of data profiling techniques
- Understanding of performance optimization, data warehousing, cube architecture
- Understanding of common data extraction techniques across a diverse set of sources including structured and non-structured data
- Experience with data cleansing and conforming techniques
- Develop standards and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency as required
- Strong experience with dimensional modeling, star schema and Kimball Data Warehouse methodologies
- Design and develop data warehousing solutions for clients across a variety of industries and business sizes utilizing Microsoft's SQL Server Platform
- Perform the role of subject matter expert for Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies including SQL Server and Analysis Services
- Knowledge of Multidimensional Expression (MDX) and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) languages
- Familiarity with managing dimensional attribute history through Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) concepts
- Working knowledge of ETL change detection solutions such as change data capture (CDC)
- Experience with Big Data technology a plus
- Understanding of SQL Server FastTrack and/or Parallel Data Warehouse
- Familiarity with storage technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS, etc.) a plus
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into well-developed solutions that meet client business goals
- Ability to explain the pros and cons of architectural decisions
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies as required
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members and clients
- Participate in the business intelligence community to promote the use of the Microsoft BI platform and general data warehousing best practices
- Assist in pre-sales, scoping and requirements gathering process
- Ability to work closely with other project team members such as sales analysts, project managers, and software engineers
- 3 years Data experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, or similar analytical degree
- T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Desire for continuous learning and to pursue professional certifications
- Proven ability to consult and mentor others
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, confident with customers
- Detail oriented, well-organized and excellent ability to multi-task
- Energetic, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Hard-working and motivated, able to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment
- A hands-on attitude in a friendly work environment.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on a full-time basis for any position. Omnitech will not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
If you excel in a team centric learning environment and you’re passionate about technology, please apply.