We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the data analytics team as one half of a job share. You will be required to work up to 21 hours per week. Specific working days and hours can be discussed at interview.
The teams are mix of military and civilian and, as such, takes advantage of a number of developmental and team-building opportunities including Adventurous Training.
This role is responsible for helping to lead on the operation and maintenance of the integrity of the Defence Network and delivering agreed levels of trusted ICT service to operational and business users. This role is also responsible for supporting Service Operations Event Management issues, through coordinating investigations, liaising with commercial partners and Operational Theatre personnel.
1. You will manage a small team and be responsible for the management of significant events / incidents on the MOD's Official and Secret Network.
2. You will monitor, track and react to events and incidents based on their wider MOD business impact.
3. You will provide Service Operations with the ability to detect and initiate appropriate action for Service related events.
4. You will provide Operational support to other Service Operation processes, including Problem, Capacity, Event, Availability and Knowledge.
5. You will ensure that compiled reports are of a consistently high standard.
It is a condition of employment that candidates who do not hold ITIL Foundation V4 at the time of application will be required to gain the qualification within 12 months of taking up post within Defence Digital.
For external candidates this may mean that where specific training or qualifications are required, probation may be extended up to 18 months. For internal candidates this may mean that if you have been unsuccessful in gaining the required qualification within the given timescale the Managing Loss of Capability or Qualification policy may apply.
External Applicants: BTEC/SCOTVEC NC/ND or equivalent, PLUS nationally recognised engineering apprenticeship AND a minimum of one year’s relevant employment in the engineering profession. Alternatively successfully completed an MoD Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Please see Benefits Leaflet attached
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.