Colorado Governor Jared Polis is committed to building a Colorado For All, a place where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and live the Colorado way of life. Governor Polis is focused on lowering health care costs for hardworking Coloradans, transitioning the state to renewable energy sources, ensuring every Colorado child gets a quality education, and building an economy that works for everyone. The Governor's staff includes offices for budgeting, communications and outreach, legal counsel, legislative liaison, operations, policy and research, and scheduling.
Mission of Governor's Office of Operations: To empower state agencies to build a culture of operational excellence and bold innovation driven by continuous performance improvement.Description of Job
This role supports the execution of the initiatives of the Governor's Office of Operations to support the accurate, timely, and effective use of data for reporting and decision-making, as well as the achievement of the Governor's Bold Four initiatives. A strong candidate will have excellent database management and data analysis skills, project management expertise, and a thorough understanding of how data operations inform and support organizational strategy.
The person in this role will spearhead day-to-day technical data-related operations and build reports for the Governor's Office of Operations as an integral member of the team. They will lead the data strategy in accomplishing the broader goals of the Office of the Governor and compliance with the SMART Act.
The person in this role will demonstrate a culture of operational excellence throughout the executive branch by demonstrating the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse datasets and data sources; query data, restructure databases, and understand data integrations.
- Exemplify ownership and integrity as a data steward and subject matter expert
- Exhibit an attitude of a life-long learner, embracing new techniques to deliver high-quality work products and positive outcomes
- Enthusiastic about the power of data and information to resolve conflict, build consensus and drive action toward positive outcomes
The following is an overview of the tasks this role is responsible for executing statewide:
- Adheres to all health and safety policies in the planning and execution of activities
- Uses word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, plans, reports, schedules, and other documents related to projects
- Provides continuous effort to improve operations, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service
- Participates in project teams as required
- Participates in and coordinates conferences and workshops
- Represents the Governor's Office and regularly interacts with Departmental Executive Staff
- Other duties as requested and required.
Expected Annual Travel
MinimalMinimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Bachelor's degree in information technology, database administration, statistics, or a related field and 2 years related work experience.
Master's degree in information technology, database administration, statistics, or closely related field.
Demonstrated experience working with APIs and other data integration tools/methods.
Demonstrated experience working with Tableau and other cloud-based data visualization tools
FLSA Status: ExemptSupplemental Information
A cover letter and resume must be submitted with the application for consideration. Your cover letter and resume must provide sufficient detail about your background and experience to allow the screening panel to properly assess your experience in the required elements, including your experience and achievements.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Annual leave accrued at 13.33 hours per month
- Sick leave accrued at 6.66 hours a month
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Medical and dental plans
- State paid life insurance policy of $50,000
- Choice of 2 retirement plans
- 401K and 457 plans
- State paid Short Term Disability coverage
- Additional optional life and disability plans
- Credit Union Membership
- RTD pass
- Training and professional development
To learn more about State of Colorado benefits visit: https://www.colorado.gov/dhr/benefits.ADAAA Accommodations
: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Michelle Hunter by phone (303) 866-6309 or email email@example.com at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.