IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of 19 brands including InterContinental®, Holiday Inn®, Kimpton® and voco®. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries.
As a service business, people are at the heart of IHG. Our pursuit of True Hospitality for Good means we go all out to make a positive difference across all the regions and communities we operate in. Our passion, scale and ambition will enable you to go further in whatever you do and wherever you are on your journey with us. So, to ensure your success, we’ll give you room to belong, room to grow and room to make a difference.
With an award-winning culture, you can look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences, and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.Your day to day
This new role will play an important part in our internal and external environmental reporting at IHG during an exciting time when we are embarking on several ambitious analytics and reporting projects to support our Journey to Tomorrow strategy. You'll be employing technical skills, including SQL in BigQuery and Python for machine learning, providing statistical analysis, and using Tableau to present your findings to the team and senior stakeholders.
What we need from you:
- Working with internal and external data to refine and improve the analysis and the interpretation of performance data relating to Energy, Carbon, Water, Waste & Biodiversity and Social Value.
- Working with the Analytics Manager and Environment Director to improve data controls and processes.
- Working day-to-day with Tableau, Google Cloud platform, Python and Excel.
- Contributing to refining our reporting and data capture process, working with the Analytics Manager to develop predictive models that contribute to internal and external disclosure.
- Delivering analyses and insights in a format that is appropriate, understandable, and easily consumable by the audience on a regular basis and ad hoc.
What We Offer You
- A degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Finance or other relevant STEM or Sustainability subjects
- Experience working in data analytics, data intelligence and statistics.
- Experience with analytics software (MS Excel, Tableau)
- Knowledge of statistical and data coding languages is a plus (Python, R, SQL)
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently.
- Can take initiative.
- Flexible and agile
- Able to find solutions on their own.
- Experience working with ESG data, preferably at a FTSE100 company.
- 3+ years’ professional experience working within a corporate responsibility function.
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including impressive room discounts.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow, and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.Closing date for applications: 29/11/2023
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
We need people like you to make a difference and create exceptional experiences every single day. Don’t just join a growing team of 370,000 colleagues across 100 countries. Let your passion shine. Innovate and collaborate around the world. Embrace your ambition.
Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.