Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Cloud Data Engineer
What is the opportunity?
As Cloud Data Engineer in Investor & Treasury Services Data Engineering team within Data Management office, you will design, implement and support Cloud based Data Engineering solution and processes within Investor and Treasury Services across global organization in line with Corporate vision. We are looking for strategic thinker, and passionate data management enthusiast to drive and support leadership team on executing data strategy.
As a member of a dynamic, fast paced team, this role brings strong data architecture and data engineering skills and leadership, effective written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated capability to multi-task effectively. This role requires strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as a demonstrated sense of urgency to respond to changing priorities at times. This is complemented by a positive attitude and a willingness to take accountability for results achieved.
What will you do?
This role will encompass working with Enterprise Cloud team to implement I&TS target state Architecture.
- Integrate data with Cloud based platforms, publish data through APIs and Portal.
- Work with Enterprise Cloud team to enable Cloud components using Jenkin and/or terraform pipelines.
- Set-up and run Proof-of-concept / prototype to test different use cases.
- Evaluate current state of data access control in regards to authentication, authorization and encryption practices across I&TS systems and implement the same in target state architecture.
- Work in an agile team of Data Engineers, Developers and RBC business stakeholders.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering with at least 2 years of hands on experience in system integration, data and cloud architecture, and technologies listed in the following section:
- Cloud and Containers: Azure (ADLS2, Azure Data bricks, Azure Data Factory), Open shift, Docker
- SQL/Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Stored procedures
- API: Node.JS, Apigee, Python
- Portal/analytics solutions: Angular
Nice to Have
- Automation/DevOps: Jenkins, Selenium and similar technologies
- Agile methodology
- Azure Cloud Data Engineering Certification
- Master’s degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Investor and Treasury Services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.