Job Posting Title
Senior Data Scientist
About Self Aware Games
Self Aware Games has been creating innovative, genre-defining products since 2006. A winning mix of compelling content and engaging social experiences keeps us top-of-the-charts in the social casino category. Our flagship game, Big Fish Casino, has generated more than $1B in bookings to-date making it one of the best performing mobile games ever. Self Aware Games is based in beautiful downtown Oakland, Calif., and is a business unit of Seattle-based Big Fish Games, Inc., part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
We are looking for passionate and highly creative game engineers, artists, designers, product managers, analysts (and more!) to help build the world’s #1 social gaming company. With a strong portfolio of live games and new products in development we are hiring in all disciplines. If you are a passionate game-maker who wants to innovate, contribute and hone your craft as part of a close-knit, collaborative and inclusive culture, Self Aware Games is for you. Here are a few more company highlights:
- We take care of our employees with competitive compensation, great benefits and a variety of perks including frequent team events, catered meals, commuter stipend and free professional massage.
- We are committed to employee development and advancement with opportunities for growth across Big Fish Games and the Aristocrat family of companies.
- Our beautiful workspace is open and light-filled and located in the vibrant Uptown neighborhood next to Lake Merritt and a short walk from the 19th Street BART station.
We are looking for an amazing Data Analyst to work on our social casino products at Self Aware Games Studio in Oakland. You'll be responsible for running ad-hoc analysis, visualizing data, and analyzing our day-to-day operations. Successful candidates for this role have strong SQL and statistics skills, are passionate about games, and are clear communicators.
- Engage with PMs, designers, CRM managers to identify analysis requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of available data to drive ad-hoc analysis and answer questions
- Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations
- Perform statistical analysis, hypothesis testing on experimental data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business
- Build data pipelines and ETL, identify new telemetry requirements, create dashboards
- Evaluate performance of new features and content
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python
- Data visualization and dash-boarding building experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar
- 3+ years in the analytics function
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Experience in the gaming space
- Familiarity with GCP, Looker, MySQL, Netezza, Hadoop, Hive
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Oakland, CA, US
Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games