As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends, energy consumptions, production line data or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Data Scientists are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. Furthermore, you will work closely with IBM Research to implement state-of-the-art Machine Learning applications for our clients. If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
- Acts as a key contributor to a GBS team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose technical solutions
- Responsible for technical leadership for a team of data scientists
- Developing and implementing productive Machine Learning applications to address business challenges
- Translates business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Communicate complex Machine Learning findings to multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gathers, prepare, cleanse, and transforms client data for analysis and AI automation, including automating data pipelines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's or Master (preferred) Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
5 years of relevant professional experience in the following fields
- deploying machine learning pipelines
- practical coding experience and strong Python skills
- practical experience in Tensorflow and Pytorch
- practical experience and knowledge in Machine Learning pipeline tools such as Data Version Control (DVC), Mlflow, Kubeflow, Pylint, etc.
- practical experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- practical experience and strong skills in using Git and Github
- practical experience in designing explainable AI applications (SHAP, Attention Layers, etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- practical experience in AI model security approaches
- practical experience in visualizing/presenting data and using frameworks: D3, plotly etc.
- practical experience in querying databases and usage of SLQ
Languages required: German, English
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.