The Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV) is one of the five university hospitals in Switzerland, and ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world. Thanks to its close collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne (UNIL) and the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), the CHUV plays a leading role in the fields of medical care, research and education.
Our Department of Clinical Neurosciences (DNC) includes the divisions of neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychology and neurorehabilitation, spinal surgery, as well as the Leenaards Memory Centre and the Neuroscience Research Centre, comprising about 500 collaborators. The DNC offers integrated and personalised care for patients suffering from diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, and is particularly active in the field of research and therapeutic innovations.
The DNC developed a unique clinical research facility, NeuroTech, dedicated to the evaluation of novel technologies in clinical neurosciences, with a focus on mobile health (mhealth). NeuroTech offers an IT and research infrastructure covering all aspects of digital-health data preparation and analysis, and runs a variety of clinical research projects aimed at detecting seizures, for example.
- To push forward the NeuroTech projects, we are looking for a passionate data scientist with a solid background in biostatistics, machine learning and digital health data, with a focus on data from wearable devices
- Your primary role will be to prepare and analyse data acquired through clinical trials, such as data from wearable devices and video-EEG monitoring, collaborate clinicians to understand the medical context and goals, and work closely with the team to propose, implement and validate models
- You will be responsible for data acquisition and sharing (via APIs, clouds, etc.), as well as data anonymisation, management, and archiving. You will work mostly with Python and Git, following best practices to develop documented tested pipelines and packages.
- Master’s degree or PhD in statistics or data science, or equivalent quantitative discipline
- At least one year of working experience in a data-analysis-related field
- Strong knowledge of biostatistics and machine-learning techniques including deep learning
- Strong knowledge of Python including scientific and machine-learning packages such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow and/or PyTorch
- Strong background in computer science; experience with REST APIs, cloud databases and IoT is a plus
- Proficiency in French and English (level B2 minimum.)
To become an employee of the world-famous University Hospital Center from the Canton of Vaud is an assurance of:
- First-rate social benefits and a Paternity Leave of 20 days
- Regular salary progression adapted to your responsibilities
- A 13th salary and 25 days of vacations per year
- A right to at least three days of training per year, by accessing a wide offer of courses not only from the CHUV Training Center but also from external providers
- Facilitated access to one of the 500 furnished apartments located in the districts nearby
- Discounts proposed on social and cultural events, goodies and other services, thanks to the “H-Oxygène” association
- Signing up to our Mobility Plan and benefit from different advantages (discounts on public transportation, promotion of “Mobility” car fleet and discounts on electric bikes)
- Being able to enjoy our high-quality corporate restaurants, located in every hospital building, with employees’ discount
Contact et envoi de candidature
Contact person in case of questions about this role : Birgit Schaffhauser, +41 (0) 21 314 30 26
Contact person in case of questions about the recruitment process : Cédric Grolhier, +41 (0) 21 314 96 51
All of our applications are processed electronically. For this reason, we kindly ask you to apply exclusively by clicking on the APPLY button at the bottom of the advertisement. Should you have any technical question, please contact our Recruitment Team (021/ 314-85-70 from 08h30 to 12h00 and from 14h00 to 16h30).
The CHUV applies the highest quality requirements as part of its recruitment process. In addition, mindful to promote workplace diversity and inclusion we strive to ensure equal treatment and avoid any discrimination. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We would like to inform external recruitment agencies that any application inserted directly on our recruitment platform won’t be accepted and cannot be charged. Thank you for your understanding.