Who We Are
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work ™ .” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ® , offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram . Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who You Are
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will develop generative AI models that deeply understand the Geotab ecosystem and are capable of providing comprehensive customer support, delivering expert guidance on fleet management, best practices, and inquiries through text, code, and images. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
The Senior Data Scientist will have extensive knowledge of deep learning architectures to generate AI models for Geotab's ecosystem. This position utilizes strong problem-solving skills with statistical analysis in order to align data products with Geotab’s organizational goals.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Develop and refine generative AI models including deep learning architectures such as generative adversarial networks, variational autoencoders, and transformers.
- Stay up to date on the latest research in generative AI and propose innovative ideas and techniques to advance the field.
- Provide expert project leadership as a SME: guidance to team members and participate in cross-departmental projects establishing Geotab as a leader in data science.
- Identify new, complex queries from Big Data infrastructure from data warehousing database (i.e. Google BigQuery) to add value to the organization.
- Use machine learning (ML) packages (e.g. Scikit-learn and Tensorflow) to develop ML models and features.
- Test the performance of data-driven products and make recommendations for improving Geotab’s product suite.
What You’ll Bring To This Role
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Graduate or post-graduate Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field is highly valued.
- 5-8 years of experience as a Data Scientist or similar role.
- 5-8 years experience in writing SQL queries.
- 5-8 years experience in programming in Python.
- Experience with building, training, and deploying generative models based around the transformer architecture.
- Experience with natural language processing model architectures, optimizing, training, and deployment including classification, sentiment analysis, generation.
- Experiment with novel architectures, loss functions, regularization techniques, and data augmentation.
- Experience with model deployment in large-scale production systems.
- Experience in working with large amounts of data in SQL.
- Solid understanding of machine learning and operations research.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why Job Seekers Choose Geotab
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
- The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How We Work
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.