FedEx ServicesJob Title:
Senior Data ScientistJob Requisition Number:
Decision Science & AnalyticsPay Type:
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Provide expertise and leadership at the enterprise level related to vast quantities of data (including disparate data), enterprise analytics, statistical modeling, and initiatives. Leads staff in descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and ensemble modeling, advanced statistical techniques, use of database tools and/or other approaches in quantitative analysis of complex business situations. Creates and executes solutions from initial concept to fully tested production, and communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Advanced use of current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and high complexity predictive modeling and fact based management to drive decision making. Mentors less senior staff. Leads cross functional teams. Routinely work on multiple highly complex assignments. Provides consultation to Sr. Leadership on a normal basis.Duties/Responsibilities:
Abilities/Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- Develop and lead a strategy for migrating SenseAware to utilize Big Data technologies such as Microsoft Azure
- Create advanced analytic reports using Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, and Python scripts that will analyze SenseAware ID node utilization, health, and performance
- Work with offshore data science resources to provide assignments for reporting and analysis
- Work with development teams to improve the quality of SenseAware by tuning of algorithms and computations that are based on data science concepts
- Develop and lead a plan for SenseAware to employ machine learning to create a continuous feedback loop system that will improve performance and sustainability of SenseAware
- Python Scripting
- Knowledge of Machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Microsoft PowerBI and/or Tableau
- Experience in a Big Data technology such as Hadoop, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Effective communications skills
- Experience in applying data science principles such as regression analysis, performance metrics, data wrangling, and data modeling
This position will be domiciled in Collierville, Tennessee (suburb of Memphis, Tennessee) .Remote Work:
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.Relocation:
Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.Minimum Qualifications:
Masters degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline required. five (5) years work experience in measurement and analysis, quantitative business problem solving, operations analysis, marketing analysis, simulation and/or predictive analytics. superior analytical skills with diverse analytics and statistical software and applications. excellent interpersonal skills, written, and oral communication skills. Proven leadership skills.Application Criteria: To be considered, please upload a copy of your current resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on Friday, July 09, 2021.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.