United States of America
We Show The World What People Want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company? We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced data engineer to join our team. As a Data engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing and maintaining our data. Your skill with data modeling, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes and storage know how will be changed. This role will responsible for storing and organizing our data which comes in various format in an efficient and optimized matter.
As Data Engineer, You Will Have Following Key Accountabilities
- Design, develop and maintain pipelines that enhances our ability to process from different data sources
- Test software solutions and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in pipelines due to data, queries and processing workflows to ensure efficient and timely data delivery.
- Implement data quality checks and validations processes to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of data delivery.
- Work with DevOps teams to optimize our resources, such as storage.
- Work with Data Architect to ensure data governance is followed correctly
- Ensure technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization
- Define and document technical requirements
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Data Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Proficient in C#. Minimum 3 years of experience in data engineer and minimum 5 years in engineer roles.
- Intermediate knowledge of Python
- Strong SQL development skills
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and technologies including cloud based services
- Intermediate Java skills
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure and knowledge of cloud-based data services and infrastructure. (e.g. AWS Redshift, Cosmo DB).
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working on a team with a CI/CD process.
- Familiarity using tools like Git, Jira.
- Great problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!